The Quakes earned their first shutout win of the season against Vancouver on Saturday and a couple of Quakes defenders were awarded for their efforts!
Defenders Clarence Goodson and Marvell Wynne were named to the MLS Team of the Week for Week 6 on Monday, joining Ty Harden as the only Quakes player to recieve the honor so far this season. Goodson and Wynne were apart of a backline that limited MLS leading goal-scorer Octavio Rivero to zero shots on the night. In all, the Quakes held Vancouver to zero shots on target and one corner kick.
Well done, boys!
Happy National Siblings Day, everyone! Sure, siblings fight on occasion, but at the end of the day, they'll always have your back. To prove my point, we asked players to share a photo with their siblings! WARNING: You may want to call your siblings and profess your love after scrolling though.
The English Trio - Jordan cheesing with sisters Rebecca and Carla after a night on the town.
The Wonderful Wondolowskis - Chris and brothers Stephen and Matt pose for a classic matching sweater photo. Admit it: We've all taken a photo like this.
The Kicking Kovals - JJ strikes a pose alongside sisters Becca and Tatum during a family wedding.
Meet the Thompsons - Talk about sibling bonding. Here's Tommy and his brother Tanner after winning the Big Ten Conference while playing at Indiana.
The Merry Merediths - Bryan Meredith smiles for the camera alongside older brother Patrick and older sister Kaitlyn. And how can we forget about Chester.
It's a Michigan Thing - Don't let this fight for the ball fool you: Fatai and his brother Latif are inseparable, even if they both went to rival universities.
A Sacramento Duo - Adam and sister Erica looking mighty spiffy for a downtown Sacramento photo op.
Peek-A-Boo - Maybe the cutest picture of them all? Clarence Goodson is embraced by older sister Jenna for a heart warming brother-sister moment.
Congratulations to Quakes president Dave Kaval for being named to the Sports Business Journal's 2015 40 under 40 class! This award ceremony is an annual celebration of the best young talent in sports business. The class of 2015 met Thursday, April 9 in downtown Los Angeles at the JW Marriott in L.A. Live.
- TICKETS: Quakes vs. Vancouver
David Bingham tallied 6 saves against the New England Revolution on Saturday, adding to his growing total of 19 saves on the season. With every save that the Earthquakes make this season, Your Bay Area BMW Centers will donate $100 to the Saves for Schools program!
Catch our U-17 Earthquakes Academy team battle it out against Brazilian club Palmeiras today at 4 p.m. PT in the club's second game of group play in the Generation Adidas Cup!
The Quakes are in Group C of the tournament along with the Philadelphia Union, Eintracht Frankfurt (GER) and Palmeiras (BRA).
Can't stop thinking about the Quakes Inaugural Match? We can't either! From the stadium's first-ever goal to Krazy George cameos, we look back at the top 12 moments from the Quakes first-ever match at Avaya Stadium.
12. The first celebratory post-game high-five in Avaya Stadium history.
11. The skydivers catching some major air in pursuit of the Avaya Stadium pitch.
10. I don't think there's any dispute: We have the most popular outdoor bar in North America.
9. Krazy George had Avaya Stadium ringing with the EARTH-QUAKES chant before kickoff!
— San Jose Earthquakes (@SJEarthquakes) March 22, 2015
8. The Great Soccer Ball Relay made its 17th and final stop on the Avaya Stadium pitch during the pregame ceremonies.
7. David Bingham showing off his cat-like reflexes to deny Chicago the equalizer.
6. Quakes president Dave Kaval and club ownership take in the opening ceremony ahead of the first kick at Avaya Stadium.
5. Innocent busted out a few of these moves infront of the Quakes faithful.
4. Goosebumps. Eighteen thousands fans hoisted up their inaugural game scraves during the player's walkout.
3. Other MLS supporters need to get to the drawing board to top the San Jose Ultras' breathtaking tifo.
2. There's nothing like the first time for Fatai Alashe and Avaya Stadium.
1. The icing on the cake: three points for the men in black and blue!