The 2014 Earthquakes Open Tryout, presented by Jamba Juice, will be held on Sunday, Jan. 26 at the Mustang Soccer Complex in Danville, Calif. for males 18 or older.
Participants will have the opportunity to make the club’s first team or new Premier Development League squad. The tryout will consist of three heats between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. PT. Each heat will last 90 minutes with each player on the field for a pair of 30-minute scrimmages. Scouts from the club will be on site to evaluate players.
To register for the tryout, visit www.sjearthquakes.com/opentryout.
FAQs about 2014 San Jose Earthquakes Open Tryout:
1. Do you need to be a US citizen in order to tryout? What if I need a work permit, VISA, etc. to participate?
- You do not need to be a United States citizen to participate. If an international trialist needs a letter to show to their embassy in order to travel, they will need to email the Earthquakes Community Relations Manager, Alison Piergallini (email@example.com) their name, birth date and dates they are planning to be in the USA.
2. Can you pay for your registration by cash or check?
- Yes. If you do not want to register online with a credit card, you will need to come into the Earthquakes offices (451 El Camino Real, Suite 220, Santa Clara, CA 95050) and sign up with our Front Office Manager. The price is $100.
3. What is the call-back procedure and when is next round?
- Every trialist will be notified via email by Tuesday, January 28 whether or not they are invited to the next round of either the PDL or First Team (San Jose Earthquakes) tryout.
4. How does the tryout impact college, academy or high school eligibility?
- HIGH SCHOOL: Players must be out of high school in order to try out. No high school students are eligible to tryout.
- COLLEGE: Those college students wishing to tryout need to check with their compliance officer and college coach to make sure the tryout won’t affect their eligibility. PLEASE NOTE: Schools have different regulations. Please check with your college coach prior to signing up
- ACADEMY: Academy players are welcome to tryout as long as they are 18 years old and out of high school.