A Letter From David Alioto to Quakes Fans
Welcome to the new and improved SJEarthquakes.com! Among the many changes you will see on and off the field this season, we are very proud to present a new digital face for Earthquakes soccer.
The new site includes a live RSS feed to our Twitter page and a revamped social networking community for the diehard fans who enjoy interacting with our franchise. We also look forward to presenting a new "Match Center" that Major League Soccer has worked hard to integrate into our new site.
Even better, we have dedicated ourselves to providing more multimedia coverage for our fans to keep tabs on. Our new website will offer timely highlight reels, dynamic match previews and player personality pieces all on video.
SJEarthquakes.com will also include a new team-specific blogosphere called "The Core." Our blogging team is anxious to get to work on this new and exciting feature. I'm sure all of our fans are equally as excited to read in-depth match analyses, training reports and the multitude of information our bloggers will cover.
We have had a very busy off season and the new website isn't the only eye-catcher. Here are some of the changes that will benefit your Earthquakes experience in 2010:
- Under John Doyle’s expertise we are launching the Earthquakes Academy in 2010
- We are currently building the Nutrilite Training Facility that will open this Spring
- We have expanded our offices, and increased our employees! We have also added to our soccer operations staff with the addition of new assistant coach Mark Watson; assistant athletic trainer Hank House; head strength and conditioning coach Bob Alejo; and assistant strength and conditioning coach Greg Tella
- Ticket prices have been reduced by up to 33%
- Merchandise will have a greater variety and has also been reduced by up to 20%
- We have added a new promotional team called the Shakers Squad that will be responsible for interacting with fans and creating new fans at off-site appearances
- There will be a greater variety in concession choices and all items have been reduced by about $1 per item
- Lastly and possibly most important to some of you, our fans will no longer be required to drink in a designated area, and we will also have an expanded beer selection that includes several international brews
- All games on T.V. will be produced in HD
- On the soccer side we have added Brazilian forward Eduardo, creative attacking midfielder from Argentina Javier Robles, former USL MVP Joey Gjertsen, and last but certainly not least third overall draft pick defender from Wake Forest, Ike Opara
Some exciting new events will also be taking place such as the Corporate Cup on July 31, where competitive companies can play in coed 5 v 5 matches. We have also announced the creation of the Quakes Crawl, a free shuttle from Rosie McCann’s at Santana Row and Britannia Arms in Downtown San Jose to a home event each month.
We have plenty of surprises that we know our fans will enjoy. Keep your eyes out on the new SJEarthquakes.com for all the latest developments.
Thank you for your continued support and Go Quakes!
Executive Vice President
Earthquakes Soccer LLC