San Jose Earthquakes vs. FC Dallas
Kickoff: 8 p.m. PT at Buck Shaw Stadium, Santa Clara, Calif.
Television: NBC Sports
Radio: 1590 KLIV (English), 1370 KZSF (Spanish)
Presenting Sponsor: N/A
Giveaway Items: None
Themes: $1 Hot Dog Night, Kids Night Out
Epicenter Fan Zone
Gourmet Food Trucks: Grillaz Gone Wild, Speedy Panini, BBQ Kalbi, Curry Up Now, El Tonayense, Twisted Chill
Activities: Inflatables, Face Painters, Fooseball, Poster Making
Vendors: Community, Farm Fresh, CA Lottery, Jamba Juice
FC Dallas Scouting Report
After starting the season with 16 points from 15 games, FC Dallas has compiled a four-game unbeaten streak over the most recent stretch. That series included a scoreless draw against the Earthquakes on July 7 at FC Dallas Stadium. FC Dallas is 1-0-3 in their last four, the lone win coming in comeback fashion in Denver over the weekend. The Texas squad fell behind 1-0 in the 50th minute, but rallied with goals from Carlos Rodriguez and Fabian Castillo to take three points from the Rapids. Panamanian striker Blas Perez leads the squad in both goals scored (5) and assists (3).
- San Jose Earthquakes forward Chris Wondolowski and defenders Steven Beitashour and Ramiro Corrales will face European Champion Chelsea in the 2012 MLS AT&T All-Star Game on July 25 at PPL Park (5:30 p.m. PT / ESPN2, TeleFutura) after the trio were named to the gameday roster by coach Ben Olsen on Sunday.
- Earthquakes forward Chris Wondolowski was voted Major League Soccer Player of the Week by the North American Soccer Reporters (NASR) for Week 19, his second time winning the honor in 2012. Wondolowski recorded a hat trick— the third of his MLS career — and added an assist in the Earthquakes’ 5-0 defeat of Real Salt Lake on Saturday.
- Saturday’s 5-0 win against Real Salt Lake marked the first time in club history that the Earthquakes have scored five goals in a single game twice in the same season. The first came on May 2 in a 5-3 win against D.C. United. San Jose has scored 41 goals this season, 14 shy of the club record set in 1997 with 14 games remaining.
- Chris Wondolowski is one game-winning goal away from tying an MLS record that he shared with former LA Galaxy forward Carlos Ruiz. Wondolowski (2010) and Ruiz (2002) have each recorded nine game-winning goals in a single season. San Jose’s striker has scored the game winner in eight of San Jose’s 12 victories to date.
Earthquakes – FC Dallas Connections
- FC Dallas’ Kevin Hartman and Ugo Ihemelu played for Earthquakes coach Frank Yallop in 2006 with the LA Galaxy
- In January 2009, Ihemelu and Earthquakes defender Jason Hernandez were both called up to the US Men’s National Team’s training camp before a friendly against Sweden
- Earthquakes midfielder Marvin Chavez played for FC Dallas from 2009-2011, making 54 appearances and scoring 6 goals
- FC Dallas midfielder Daniel Hernandez played with San Jose defender Ramiro Corrales with the MetroStars in 2000
- FC Dallas defender Zach Lloyd and Earthquakes forward Chris Wondolowski have played together three times with the U.S. Men’s National Team, against Chile on January 22, 2011, against Venezuela on January 21, 2012, and against Panama on January 25, 2012
- FC Dallas forward Scott Sealy played for the Earthquakes in 2008 and again from 2010-2011. In total, Sealy made 40 appearances for the Quakes and scored 2 goals
MLS MatchDay 2012 – The official Major League Soccer app, providing up-to-the-minute score updates, in-game highlights, news and more.