Frequently Asked Questions
Avaya Stadium is located at 1123 Coleman Ave., San Jose, CA 95110.
The Scoreboard Bar is over 310 linear feet, which makes it the largest exterior bar in North America.
All children 3 years and older require a ticket to gain admission to stadium events.
Stadium gates open two (2) hours before first kick. For example, for a 7:30pm match the stadium gates would open at 5:30pm.
Yes, free GoQuakes WiFi is available to all fans. Connect to the Wi-Fi by going to your Wi-Fi settings and accepting the terms and conditions.
The seat pattern includes three different shades of blue as well as a smattering of red seats to pay homage to the club’s NASL history. Additionally, the pattern contains the binary-coded message “GO EQ”. The Earthquakes hosted a competition calling on fans to crack the code. Long-time Quakes fan Anders Young won the competition and will receive a trip for two to the 2018 World Cup Final.
Parking lots open four (4) hours before first kick. For example, a 7:30pm start time would mean the parking lot opens at 3:30pm.
Yes, there are family bathrooms located behind Section 103 and Section 126, and at Sections 111 and 115 inside Avaya Stadium. There is also a Mamava Pod behind section 126 for nursing. Text 408.909.GOAL for the access code.
The Beers of the World selection is available on the Avaya Stadium app by tapping the Avaya Stadium → View Amenities → Food & Drink Icon by 118 → Beers of the World. Try it out! The list is subject to availability but updated before each match.
Menus can be found on the Avaya Stadium app by tapping Avaya Stadium → View Amenities → any brown Food & Drink icon → name of the booth. This screen will list the selections available at each stand. Subject to availability but updated as needed before each match.
ADA parking is located within the VIP parking lot off Newhall Drive. Those wishing to park within ADA locations must present valid ADA placard & registration upon arrival. ADA parking is $15.
Avaya Stadium has a no pet policy. The only animals allowed in the stadium are certified service animals. Service animals in training will not be permitted to enter the stadium unless authorized by the San Jose Earthquakes prior to the day of game.
The Earthquakes have launched the official Avaya Stadium app available for Android and iOS, developed by ArcTouch! The app is powered by a high quality wireless network called GOQUAKES that allows fans to connect from anywhere in the stadium.
The Avaya Stadium app features include:
- Access to Ticketmaster's mobile ticketing platform
- Stadium and Parking Maps
- Searchable Stadium Amenities
- Driving Routes
- Player and Schedule Information
- Season Ticket Holder Ticketmaster Account Manager
- Public transit information and maps including VTA and Caltrain
- Menus for all concession stands including Beers of the World
Download your Avaya Stadium App Today!
- NO Backpacks of any size
- Only Bags under 14" x 14" x "6" are allowed into the stadium
- All base are subject to search upon entrance
Bikes will be permitted to park in the designated bike parking area on the North and South end of the Earthquakes Way sidewalk net to the stadium.
The Audi Gate entrance is near section 113, on the closed end of the stadium next to the Audi Parking Lot. This gate can be used by the following seat holders: Audi Club, Midfield Club, Scoreboard Club, Sky Lounge, All Suite members & Terrace Tables. This Gate is also for any ADA use.
The main box office is located at the front of Avaya Stadium and adjacent to Earthquakes Way. The stadium box office is only open on event days, approximately 2 and 1/2 hours before kick off. For more information on San Jose Earthquakes tickets please call 408-556-7700.
The Lux Buses will loop from the corner of St. John and Market Street near San Pedro Square to the corner of Earthquakes Way and Coleman Ave., effectively replacing VTA's discontinued Line 231. The buses will be complimentary for all riders heading to the match. Fans can also use this service to return to Downtown San Jose by boarding the buses on Earthquakes Way outside of the stadium's main gate after the final whistle.
- There is limited space per bus! Please plan ahead.
- The shuttle will start two hours before kickoff and run until kickoff.
- The last bus will leave 45 minutes after the final whistle.
Personal photography is permitted at Avaya Stadium. Professional and commercial grade cameras are not allowed. Any audio and or video recording is in violation of Major League Soccer policies and is not permitted. Guests are not permitted to stand in the aisles or walkways, or obstruct others from viewing the game while taking photographs. Photographic support tools (such as tripods, professional lenses-longer than 8 in., etc.) are not permitted into the stadium.
There are coal disposal bins in every lot available for all fans tailgating.
The mission of the San Jose Earthquakes Community Fund is to facilitate and support programs which produce positive change for children and families in our community, with an emphasis on health and fitness. We strive to cultivate the game of soccer within the diverse communities of the Bay Area and promote unity through sport.
Are you the designated driver for your group? If so, register at Guest Services behind section 101 for a free fountain drink (redeemable at the Scoreboard Bar).
The Devotion Wall is located to the left of the main gates and contains the names of Season Ticket Holders from our inagural season at Avaya Stadium in 2015.
There are disabled seats throughout all areas and price levels of Avaya Stadium. Disabled seating and access are fully compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act. For further information, please contact the San Jose Earthquakes front office at 408-556-7700.
The electric vehicle charging stations in the VIP parking at Avaya Stadium charge for energy usage. The charges are .30 cents per kWh, with a $1 minimum. First two hours are free parking, afterwards it is $2 per hour. You will also have to pay $40 for a pass to access the lot. These are only applied while charging. This pricing is in line with charging stations within a 5 mile radius of Avaya Stadium.
Event parking is only authorized in the onsite lots listed and that event parking is prohibited on surrounding lots/streets and are subject to possible citation or tow.
The listed behaviors are prohibited based on safety and violations will be subject to sanctions.
The Club may also sanction a supporter group for violations of the Fan Code of Conduct.
The following is NOT ALLOWED:
- Fighting and/or inciting others to fight or inciting unruly or disruptive behavior.
- Causing significant damage to property.
- Using (including on any sign or other visible representation) political, threatening, abusive, insulting, offensive language and or gestures, which includes racist, homophobic, xenophobic, sexist or otherwise inappropriate language behavior.
- Note: Threatening and/or abusive behavior directed towards other fans, players, officials or staff members will be subject to sanctions even if done outside the time period of a MLS-SUM event (including on social media).
- Entering or attempting to enter the field, the field track, the tunnel or any otherwise restricted area.
- Possession or use of an unauthorized pyrotechnic device, smoke or firework, or attempting to introduce one inside the venue.
- Throwing any objects onto the field (including streamers).
- Failing to follow directions from venue staff regarding compliance with the Fan Code of Conduct, stadium policies and emergency procedures.
- Declining to promptly return a ball that enters the stands.
- Inappropriate consumption of alcoholic beverages, which includes purchasing for, possession of, or consumption by a minor.
Only authorized personnel with proper credentials will be permitted onto the field before, during or after San Jose Earthquakes matches. Any unauthorized person going onto the field will be removed and subject to arrest and loss of San Jose Earthquakes ticket privileges.
A community member is honored pre-game on-field with a ceremonial first kick into the net.
Fans who have questions or are experiencing an issue during a match are advised to text Guest Services at 408.909.GOAL.
Located in the 7UP Epicenter, the Kids Zone offers fun, free activities for the kids including inflatables and interactive games. All participants must check in at the waiver station before entering.
A well-known Quakes legend. Krazy George is notorious for his chants, dramatic entrances and of course his ability to single-handedly get a crowd louder than ever.
Please contact our Fan Experience Manager at 408-909-GOAL (text/voicemail) to inquire about the possible recovery of any lost items. If you have lost an item while at an event, please head to Guest Services located under Section 101 for further assistance.
Put a special message on the scoreboard at a match with a donation to the San Jose Earthquakes Community Fund. A $50 donation for Season Pass Holders, or a $100 donation for non-Season Pass Holders. Send that special person a message at Avaya Stadium.
Please submit a 90-second or under DVD or CD recording of your vocal acapella version of the National Anthem. Three letters of recommendation from entertainment managers, music instructors, or past clients you have entertained, your contact information and a one-page summary of your vocal background and musical experience.
Please send National Anthem material to:
San Jose Earthquakes
National Anthem 1123 Coleman Ave, San Jose, CA 95110
Due to the high volume of requests application material will not be returned. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- One clear, plastic, factory-sealed, water bottle per person is permitted.
- Only SMALL individual snacks are allowed in clear plastic bags are allowed in the stadium in addition to medically needed food items.
- Special exceptions for small children or individuals with specific allergies or dietary restrictions will be made. Please contact Fan Experience at 408.556.7768 for more information
- NO large outside food items (hoagies, fast food, bags of chips, etc)
- NO Coolers allowed
- One 1- Liter/32 oz. or smaller factory- sealed, plastic water bottle per person
- Medically needed food items
- Tablets (must turn on for security check)
- One plastic, clear and empty reusable water bottle
- Deflated soccer balls
- Laptops (must turn on for security check)
- Weapons of any kind
- Any bags larger than the approved 14" x 6" x 6"
- Professional camera equipment, including but not limited to tripods, battery packs, large commercial video cameras
- Remote controlled aircraft or unmanned aircraft systems (drones)
- Strollers, Car seats, Baby carriers
- Selfie Sticks
- Any metal or glass water bottles
- Any glass or plastic food containers
- Incendiary devices (e.g., reworks, smoke bombs, ares, etc.) per Health and Safety Code 12677 and punishable by a fine up to $1000, 6 months in jail, or both)
- Seat covers of any kind
- Illegal substances, drugs, or chemicals of any kind
- Poles and/or staffs of any kind to including but not limited to metal, plastic, or wood (except pre-approved items in designated supporters sections)
- Noisemakers, plastic horns, air horns, whistles or musical instruments of any kind drums (except in designated supporters sec ons and approved by Stadium Operations)
- Frisbees or inflated balls of any kind
- Hover Boards
- Aerosol cans (e.g., hairspray, silly string, etc.)
- Animals (except approved service dogs)
- Any items deemed by Management to be inappropriate, offensive, or potentially hazardous
*Except in designated supporters sections and approved by Stadium Operations No items may be displayed in a manner that may obstruct the view of other guests or in any way create a safety hazard for others as determined by stadium operations staff. The use of confetti as an expression of celebration is not prohibited, but will be kept under review.
Please note that the furthest Silver lot from the stadium (Silver Entrance) will force vehicles to northbound Coleman Ave. towards Highway 101 upon exit. If you need to turn toward I-880 upon exit please use the Aviation Entrance and park in that Silver lot. See parking tab for parking lot layout details. - Please note that the highline entrance will force cars right to southbound Coleman Ave. towards I-880 upon exit. If you need to turn left towards Highway 101 please use the Silver or Aviation Ave. Entrances. See parking tab for parking lot layout details. - After the game, we will have four VTA buses on Earthquakes Way headed back to downtown San Jose.
There are no re-entry privileges at Avaya Stadium. However, in the event of an emergency, guests should contact a gate supervisor, who will permit a guest to re-enter the stadium at the same gate. Guests who leave the stadium at any time, without authorization of a gate supervisor, will not be permitted to re-enter.
Skateboards and skateboarding are not allowed in Avaya Stadium.
Smoking is strictly prohibited at Avaya Stadium. Offenders will be ejected from the stadium grounds.
Strollers are not permitted inside Avaya Stadium.
The Supporters' entrance is near section 122.
Organized fan groups that are dedicated to standing/cheering the entirety of play. Supporters Groups stand in Section 117,118 and the Supporters Terrace. Visiting Supporters are in the top of 134.
Tailgating will be permitted in all parking lots except the VIP parking lot. Tailgating cannot impede vehicle or foot traffic. Tailgating is limited to the area directly in front of or behind your vehicle only. Empty spaces may not be reserved or used for the purpose of tailgating.
Derived from the Italian word tifosi, tifo is a form of expression displayed in a large scale by supporters groups at a match, typically via banners.