San Jose Earthquakes vs. New England Revolution
Kickoff: 7:30 p.m. PT at Buck Shaw Stadium, Santa Clara, Calif.
Television: Comcast SportsNet California
Radio: 1590 KLIV (English), 1370 KZSF (Spanish)
Epicenter Fan Zone
Gourmet Food Trucks: El Tonayense, BBQ Kalbi, Twisted Chill, Grill Stars, IZ IT, O Mi Ninja, Grillaz Gone Wild, Chairman Bao Bun, Sam’s Chowdermobile
Activities: Inflatables, face painting, The CW Podsquad
Special Booths: Mix 106.5, Off the Wall Soccer bounce house
Community: Community booth with auction for signed Earthquakes merchandise; bins at each gate and Guest Services tent for equipment drive to collect donations for Quakes midfielder Jean-Marc Alexandre’s youth soccer academy in Verrettes, Haiti
New England Revolution Scouting Report
The New England Revolution finished 5-16-13 and in the cellar of the Eastern Conference in 2011. The club enters the 2012 season with a new head coach in former Revs defensive stalwart (2001-09) Jay Heaps. Heaps shares the club’s all-time record for appearances at 243 apiece with leading returning goal-scorer Shalrie Joseph (eight goals in 2011).
New England posted a 6-0-1 record during the preseason. The Revs completed the undefeated run by drawing 0-0 with the LA Galaxy in the finals of the FC Tucson Desert Diamond Cup in Tucson, Ariz., with the Galaxy claiming the tournament title by virtue of a penalty-kick tiebreaker.
Kelyn Rowe, the No. 3 overall selection in the 2012 MLS SuperDraft out of UCLA, impressed throughout the lead-up with a team-best four goals and four assists over six matches. The Revs picked up U.S. Men’s National Team veteran Lee Nguyen on March 2 through the Waiver Draft, a day after the midfielder was waived by Vancouver.
Milestones and Streaks
- Earthquakes defender Jason Hernandez has both appeared in 99 matches and started 99 times for the San Jose Earthquakes since joining the club ahead of the 2008 season.
- Quakes captain Ramiro Corrales has earned 198 starts in his San Jose career.
- Quakes forward Chris Wondolowski has a current MLS-best active streak of five straight games with at least one goal scored dating back to the final five contests of 2011.
- San Jose capped the 2011 season on a club-record streak of six straight home sellouts.
- Quakes forward Chris Wondolowski and Revs midfielder Benny Feilhaber have played together on the U.S. Men’s National Team.
- Quakes goalkeeper David Bingham played with Revs defender A.J. Soares at Cal for three seasons (2008-10).
- Quakes midfielder Anthony Ampaipitakwong’s eventual national champion Akron side ended Soares’ senior campaign at Cal in the 2010 NCAA Championship Quarterfinals.
- Quakes midfielder Brad Ring and Revs defender Kevin Alston played together at Indiana University from 2006-08. Ring also was at IU with Revs newcomers Lee Nguyen in 2005, Alec Purdie in 2007-08 and Michael Roach in 2007.
- Revs midfielder Stephen McCarthy spent the first four years (2006-09) of his college career with Santa Clara at Buck Shaw Stadium prior to transferring to North Carolina for his redshirt senior season in 2010.
- San Jose and New England were two of the 10 original members of MLS during its inaugural 1996 season.
MLS MatchDay 2012 – The official Major League Soccer app, providing up-to-the-minute score updates, in-game highlights, news and more.
Yorder – A free app that allows fans to order food and beverages, Q the mascot and souvenirs from their seat at Buck Shaw Stadium.
@SJEarthquakes – Official account of the San Jose Earthquakes (#SJEarthquakes)
@QuakesMatchday – NEW! this season, follow for live updates on game days
@NERevolution – Official account of the New England Revolution (#Revs)