Key Team Statistics from 2015
- The Earthquakes allowed 11 goals at home, fewest in Major League Soccer and the fewest by any team in a single season since 2013.
- The Quakes held opponents off the scoreboard for 448 consecutive minutes from Aug. 8 to Sept. 5, 99 more minutes than the next longest shutout streak in MLS this season.
- San Jose scored 24 goals in their 17 road contests, most in the Western Conference and tied for second most in MLS.
- The Earthquakes 5-0 victory at Sporting Park is the only MLS match this season in which a visiting team won by five or more goals.
- The Quakes are one of four teams to allow fewer than 40 goals.
- The Quakes finished with a 7-5-4 record against playoff teams in the Western Conference, including a 6-2-2 record against teams that appeared in the Knockout Round.
Key Individual Statistics from 2015
- Chris Wondolowski scored in four consecutive games from May 8 at HOU to May 30 at TOR, tied for the second longest streak in MLS.
- Quincy Amarikwa scored all six of his goals away from home in just seven total road matches since joining the team midseason.
- Amarikwa is the second player in club history to tally six or more goals with San Jose after appearing for another team earlier in the season (Mark Chung – 6; 2005).
- San Jose lost just one of 10 matches with Anibal Godoy in the starting XI (6-1-3).
- David Bingham is one of two goalkeepers in the league to record 100 saves and 10 shutouts (Stefan Frei – SEA).
- Ten-year MLS veteran Marvell Wynne set career highs in appearances (33), starts (32) and minutes (2,762).
- Clarence Goodson was the only defender to tally multiple game-winning goals.
- David Bingham finished the season with 12 shutouts, tying the club record for shutouts in a single season set by Pat Onstad in 2005.
Quakes Among MLS Leaders
- Several Earthquakes finished near the top of numerous statistical categories. Among them are:
- Matias Perez Garcia – 4 game-winning assists (t-3rd in MLS)
- Matias Perez Garcia – 84 fouls suffered (3rd in MLS)
- Matias Perez Garcia – 127 corner kicks (2nd in MLS)
- Quincy Amarikwa – 80 fouls suffered (t-6th in MLS)
- David Bingham – 105 saves (4th in MLS)
- David Bingham – 12 shutouts (3rd in MLS)
- David Bingham – 13 wins (t-7th in MLS)
- David Bingham – 71.4 save pct. (6th in MLS)
- Chris Wondolowski – 16 goals (t-7th in MLS)
The U-18 and U-16 Earthquakes Academy teams were not in action over the weekend. However, the U-14 team won 10-0 against Merced Atlas at John Mize Park in San Jose over the weekend.
- In other academy news U.S. Soccer announced that U16 academy player and San Jose native Jean-Julien Foe Nuphaus has been called into a week-long training camp for the U.S. U-15 Boys' National Team at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida. Jean-Julien is one of 56 players called into the IMG Academy camp that will run until November 8 under the guidance of U-15 head coach John Hackworth. Players will participate in instrasquad games on Nov. 3, 5 and 7.
Clásico Tapatío comes to Avaya Stadium on November 14
Tickets are on sale now at the Avaya Stadium box office for the November 14 friendly match between Club Chivas de Guadalajara and Club Atlas, also based in Guadalajara, for the rivalry known as el 'Clásico Tapatío'. Ticket prices start at $35.