Silicon Valley Light The Night ● Avaya Stadium ● 1123 Coleman Ave San Jose CA ● Saturday, October 14
At Light The Night, it is our aim to bring light to the darkness of cancer through research and cures. Light The Night is a series of fundraising campaigns benefiting The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) funding of research to find blood cancer cures. We bring hope instead of despair by working to ensure access to treatments for all blood cancer patients. We bring communities together to celebrate those who are fighting the disease and to honor those we have lost. When we walk, cancer runs.
- Click here for a map of the Light The Night event layout.
- 5:00pm Gates Open; Food & Festivities Begin│6:45pm Opening Ceremony│7:00pm Walk Start│8:00pm Live Music & Cash Bar
- ONLY TEAM CAPTAINS, INDIVIDUAL WALKERS, and participants TURNING IN FUNDS need to check in at the registration tent.
Please go directly through the front gates upon arrival if you are not a team captain, individual walker, or have funds to turn in.
- Parking is FREE at Avaya Stadium. Parking attendants will be available to guide you to the lots. If you require accessible parking, please contact Courtney Atchley from LLS at Courtney.Atchley@lls.org and she will provide you with a proper parking pass.
Participant Incentives & Benefits
- Participants that raise $100 or more will receive a Champion for Cures Wristband and can redeem for (1) meal at Concession stands 11 & 12 and (1) event t-shirt at Scoreboard/Lantern Bar
- All participants will receive a red or gold lantern at the Scoreboard/Lantern Bar regardless of fundraising level. White lanterns can be picked up in the Mission Village
- All survivors will receive a Champion for Cures Wristband regardless of fundraising level and can pick up their white lanterns and survivor superhero cape in the Mission Village
- Bright Lights (individuals that raise $1,000 or more) will receive an exclusive 2017 Bright Lights scarf in the Mission Village
- Kids Zone located in epicenter with inflatable slide & soccer goal, face painters, balloon twisters, and more
- Live music from RPM Band on Main Stage
- Cotton Candy station – free in the epicenter
- Kettle Corn available for purchase in the epicenter (50% of proceeds donated to LLS)
- Scoreboard Bar open from 5-9pm – beverages available for purchase. Signature drink: The lemon-lime “LLS” (50% of proceeds donated to LLS)
- Beers of the World open from 5-6:45pm and available for draft beer purchases
- Access to LLS Mission Village in epicenter with giveaways, lounge seating, garden of hope, and more
- Survivors: Free survivor superhero capes & survivor swag located in LLS Mission Village
- LLS/SJ Earthquakes co-branded knit scarves and beanies available for purchase in epicenter ($20)
- Access to the "Goal Zone" Party Lawn: Bubble Soccer and cornhole games on back lawn
- Two food trucks serving food in the epicenter available for purchase
- Access to Remembrance Pavilion: located in epicenter - please bring photos of loved ones that you are walking in memory of to include in our remembrance collage and write personalized messages of hope
- Light The LATE Night: Enjoy more live music from the RPM Band followed by a special LED Taiko drummer performance!
We encourage all participants to join us at the Remembrance Pavilion, which will be open to everyone during all hours of the event (except during the Opening Ceremony). The pavilion is a multimedia experience where you will be able to spend some quiet moments thinking about those we’ve lost but also connect with your fellow participants in a powerful way. Be sure to bring photos of anyone you’d like to honor to place on our Remembrance Boards and we will provide markers and paper for you to leave messages of hope and remembrance.