Each home game, the Earthquakes select a Season Ticket Holder to be this week's Fan of the Match, presented by Avaya. The lucky fan is presented with the amazing opportunity to experience warmups from field level, sit on the team bench, get a bag of free Earthquakes merchandise, and last but not least, meet a player for a photograph right after warmups! This week's fan of the match is Gordon West.
What are your best memories as a Quakes fan to date?
- The 2003 Playoffs and MLS Cup Victory
- The Night of the Deluge
- David Bingham's Goal
- The 2012 Supporters Shield/Year of the Goonies
- The Spectacular Cali-Clasico Victories at Stanford
- Wins against Timbers & Sounders
What’s your favorite part about Avaya Stadium?
It's a very spacious stadium. The wood trim and decor around the stadium is cool. It's just a scoreboard, but it is a very big scoreboard!
Who do you normally bring to games with you?
I go to games by myself, but I'm in a community of 8 that came over from Buck Shaw.
Who are some of your favorite players and why?
- Wondo: He has a great work ethic on and off the ball. He has been clutch.
- Bernardez: He's a beast on the back line.
- Flo: Also has great work ethic on and off the ball, and is steady and solid.