The Earthquakes announced on Monday the acquisition of Argentine midfielder Eric Remedi. Here are five things to know about the Quakes’ newest player:
1. Remedi joins San Jose via trade with Atlanta United FC for 2022 General Allocation Money, becoming the second reinforcement for the Quakes so far this offseason.
2. The Parana, Argentina native was a consistent contributor during his two and a half seasons with Atlanta, leading the club to three trophies: MLS Cup in 2018, and both U.S. Open Cup and Campeones Cup in 2019.
3. Remedi began his professional career with Argentine club Banfield. He made his first team debut in June 2015 under Quakes head coach Matias Almeyda.
4. The 25-year-old also carries vast experience competing in different competitions, from Concacaf Champions League play with Atlanta, to participating in Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana with Banfield.
5. With a preferred right foot, Remedi traditionally plays as a defensive or central midfielder. Despite his more defensive positioning, he has also been able to contribute offensively, tallying three goals and five assists with Atlanta across all competitions.