SAN JOSE, Calif. – Fan Voting for the 2017 MLS All-Star Game Fan XI presented by Target is now available through the free MLS app and the EA SPORTS™ “More Than a Vote” Challenge. Fans can continue to vote their favorite players to the Fan XI via online ballot on MLSsoccer.com starting on June 3 at 7 a.m. PT. Fan voting will run until June 30.
- Online voting is now OPEN! Click here to cast your votes for the 2017 MLS All-Star Game
- Witness one of the biggest sporting events of the year at Stanford Stadium as the California Clasico returns for its annual match on The Farm
Earthquakes goalkeeper David Bingham, defenders Victor Bernardez, Florian Jungwirth and Nick Lima, midfielders Anibal Godoy and Jahmir Hyka, and forwards Chris Wondolowski and Marco Ureña are the Quakes players on the fan ballot for the 2017 MLS All-Star Game.
The MLS All-Stars are set to take on Spanish giants Real Madrid at Soldier Field in Chicago on Aug. 2 in the 2017 MLS All-Star Game, presented by Target. The summer showcase will air at 6 p.m. PT on FS1, UniMás, TSN and TVA Sports domestically as well as across 170 countries globally.
The 2016 MLS All-Star Game took place at the home of the Earthquakes, Avaya Stadium. Head coach Dominic Kinnear lead the MLS side as they faced the Premier League’s Arsenal. Earthquakes goalkeeper David Bingham and forward Chris Wondolowski were featured on the team with some of the biggest names in MLS.
To create the fan ballot, media members nominated a total of 176 players – eight from each MLS team. Ten players – one goalkeeper, three defenders, four midfielders and two forwards – with the highest combined votes will be named to the 2017 MLS All-Star Game Fan XI presented by Target.
The 11th player – a forward – will be determined by the EA SPORTS™ “More Than a Vote” Challenge. Fans have the opportunity to vote one forward into the 2017 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target by scoring goals in EA SPORTS FIFA 17 on Xbox One, PlayStation®4, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system through June 30. The forward with the most votes – one goal equals one vote – on June 30 will occupy the final forward spot on the 2017 MLS All-Star Game Fan XI presented by Target.
A total of 24 MLS players will be named All-Stars per the collective bargaining agreement. Media, fans, players, the All-Star coach, Veljko Paunovic of the Chicago Fire, and MLS Commissioner Don Garber all contribute in the All-Star selection process.
The 24 players named 2017 MLS All-Stars will be selected in three phases:
1) Ballot creation: Media members determined the field of players – eight players per team – who are most deserving of consideration for this year’s MLS All-Star Game presented by Target. Those players are eligible for fan voting.
2) Fan voting: From May 30 through June 30, fans will select the 2017 MLS All-Star Game Fan XI presented by Target. Fans can vote via the free MLS app starting on May 30 and on MLSsoccer.com beginning June 3.
Via the EA SPORTS “More than a Vote” Challenge: Starting on May 30, fans will score as many goals as possible with their favorite MLS All-Star forward candidate in FIFA 17, with one goal equaling one vote. The forward with the most votes will occupy one of the forward spots on the 2017 MLS All-Star Game Fan XI presented by Target.
3) Team selection: The MLS All-Star head coach will select the gameday roster from the pool of eligible players determined by the media as well as the 2017 MLS All-Star Game Fan XI presented by Target and MLS Commissioner Don Garber’s two selections.